Assertive and Confidence Training
Surviving Bullying in the Workplace coming soon
Please note, this course is currently undergoing a few changes. Our new course deals with Assertive and Confidence. However, there has been a demand for a few extra modules that include strategies to be used to bullying in the workplace.
If you are feeling intimidated, then this course is still for you and you will get a lot of support and strategies from this course.
This course costs £300 per delegate and includes refreshments and a manual. If you would like this course delivered at your office for some staff, please contact Julie directly for costs and suggestions.
If you are finding yourself lacking in confidence due to issues at work and need to be a little more assertive, we have a fantastic course that would be perfect for you.
Assertiveness and Confidence Courses
Confidence can often be confused with aggression. Confident individuals aim to be neither passive nor aggressive in their interactions with other people. Although everyone acts in passive and aggressive ways from time to time, such a way of responding often result from a lack of self-confidence and, therefore, are inappropriate expressions of what such people need to say.
Non-assertiveness could be seen as the use of inefficient communication skills, whereas assertiveness is considered a balanced response, being neither passive nor aggressive.
We could summarise this to: “Assertiveness means standing up for your personal rights – expressing thoughts, feelings and beliefs in direct, honest and appropriate ways.” It is important to note also that “By being assertive we should always respect the thoughts, feelings and beliefs of other people.”
During the assertiveness course, you learn how to be more assertive and confident within yourself and recognise the difference between assertive and aggressive behaviour. You will create your confidence-building plan and gain the key skills required when dealing with difficult situations in an assertive way and learn how to say no.
This course can be run on your premises or at our many UK training venues.
What you learn:
By the end of this assertiveness course and confidence building course you can:
- All underpinning knowledge and skills to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to deliver assertive statements efficiently
- Build your self-confidence
- Strength to say ‘no’ assertively
During the course you cover:
- What is assertiveness
- Benefits of being assertive/confident
- Be assertive in the right situations
- Understand different levels of assertiveness
- Submissive/aggressive behaviours, their definition and body language
- The difference between submissive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Own personal communication style
- Planning and building your confidence
- Be specific, stay relevant and achieve positive outcomes
- Barriers to assertiveness/ confidence
- Recognise and deal with fear
- Assertive/Confidence techniques
- Saying no assertively
- Persuasion skills and coping with criticism
- Listening skills